Hello readers! I’m back from a few weeks of rest. My grandmother’s recent passing needed some time of reflection and mourning. I’m feeling a lot better and ready to start this New Year with fun new recipes.
One of my goals this year is getting better at meal prep during the week so when I’m rushing home to pick up my son from daycare in commuter traffic I can at least come home and dinner is mostly assembled and all I have to do so throw the ingredients together and toss in the oven or stovetop.
My new goal came from this week’s recipe. I had various leftover cut-up veggies from previous meals that I had no intention of mixing together as well as a couple of pounds of chicken breast. I’ve heard of sheet pan recipes but never attempted them. It’s so funny I create some of my best recipes when I’m in a rush and not planned. My husband and toddler LOVED this recipe. My husband wants to add more vegetables to his diet so this was right up his alley. My son loved this because of its cheesy toasted bread crumb topping. Sheet pan chicken and veggies! A really thrown together recipe that you can prep ahead of time and toss in the oven when you’re ready.
To make this a little more appealing to my son, I cooked some thin spaghetti noodles and used this recipe as a topper. My husband ate this by itself.
I used to manage a franchise restaurant some time ago and I really didn’t mind what I did. I enjoyed prepping and cooking. I was a master at multi-tasking and I was fast. I bet if you put me back in that kitchen I would be slow and clumsy. Anyways, my point with this story is that it was part of my job to prep ingredients so that they were ready to mix and cook. I want to do that for my own kitchen.
So, if you have the ingredients washed and precut this recipe will be fast! Maybe save this recipe for a weekday night? 🙂
Prep time: 15/20 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes
(all ingredients are washed and cut)
1 yellow squash
1 broccoli head
1 medium yellow onion
½ green bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 lbs chicken breast
¼ cup heavy cream or regular milk
½ tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups shredded cheese
½ tablespoon garlic powder
⅓ cup bread crumbs
⅓ olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line large sheet pan with aluminium foil.
- Begin by cutting the vegetables and garlic first into bite-sized cuts, add to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size cuts, add to mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Thoroughly mix together and pour ingredients onto sheet pan.
- Start scrambling eggs with heavy cream or milk. Evenly pour onto sheet pan mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle bread crumbs and then top with shredded cheese.
- Cook in oven for approximately 35 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly done.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to cool and enjoy!